• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Chichester Trip

Started by ApophisAstros, Sep 30, 2018, 21:27:40

Previous topic - Next topic

ApophisAstros

Thanks very much to Roy and Sue for organising the trip to Chichester Canal and Planetarium, really enjoyed it and have made a Facebook album of the days pictures.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.396906027510851&type=1&l=d0e0c5a8be
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

A nice record of the day Roger.  I might have some to add once I have reviewed what I took.

Thanks for organising Sue and Roy, it was an enjoyable day, though I think the presentation at the planetarium would have benefitted from having a quadruple display of the aurora rather than just the two.  It was very difficult to see from where I was sitting with the plantarium equipment in the way on one display and the 2nd display I had to twist myself around to see it and it was very awkward.

Carole

ApophisAstros

And maybe half presentation of aurora and someplanetry and deep space stuff, flying through space.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

NoelC

Great day out!
Thanks Sue and Roy for all the organization (and for checking we didn't get lost).  A really good event.

Nice pickies thanks Roger.
I thought the Aurora stuff was going to be a bit naff, but he turned out to be a real anorak and got quite interesting.  Particularly his last set of images (I happened to be in Tromso a month after his images were taken- but saw nothing!!).
Swapped telescopes for armchair.

doug

Thanks to Roy and Sue for great organisation of a wonderful and interesting trip. The planitarium visit was interesting; the aurora images were amazing, but I would have liked to have seen a more "space" related talk, but that`s just me. Let`s hope there are many more trips to come....

Thanks again, Rose and Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Carole

It would have been nice to have seen some DS stuff, but this was billed as an Auroral talk and that is what we got.

Some photos:

Moorhen on the Bank

Patrick Moore Waxwork, I never realised he was so tall.  Must have been over 6' even if you subtract the plinth he was standing on.  Creepily life like.

Planetarium Projector

I'll see if I have any more worth posting.

Carole