• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Gallery organisation ideas

Started by Rocket Pooch, Apr 30, 2005, 03:50:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Actually any chance of updating the main site a lot of the people at the club tell me they don't look at the archive :sad:

Rick

The main reason the archive's there is that there's limited space on the main site. I try to keep a representative selection there, which means there's not all that much scope for shuffling stuff.

[ This Message was edited by: Rick on 2005-04-29 23:27 ]

Rick

I've done a little shuffling (a few older images out, a few newer ones in, a few more also linked from the first page) to the main site's selection. Assuming there's space, it should all be up in the morning.

Mike

I have to admit I rarely look at the gallery myself, mainly because it is very difficult to tell if any new images are uploaded and if any are uploaded where do they go? Maybe a page for new submissions where the pictures stay up for a month or two before going into the archive?

The Committee is looking into the feasibility purchasing our own webspace and I have also offered some of my own for storing gallery images as I would love to see an expanded gallery myself with full size images on rather than reduced ones.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rick

If you go to http://gal.orpington-astronomy.org.uk you will find that the top left icon is a page of the latest additions...

Mike

So there is ! Any chance of adding a submission date ;) ?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rick

Could do, I guess. Never thought it that important before. Date and time image was captured, yes. I'll have a play next time there's a round tuit going spare...