• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

IC410 Tadpole Nebula in Auriga/NGC 1893

Started by Fay, Nov 05, 2009, 20:30:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

I was not going to post this, as not enough subs. I did 5x600 on 25/10, ED80, Ha, 0.8 fr. Tried to add more on 3/11 but Moon too bright, so will do another night. I have to wait a while for this to rise above the trees & then have to capture before meridian flip.

I did 9x600 of The Cave on 03/11, but waste of time because of full Moon.

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

RobertM

That's a lovely image Fay.  600s guided and nice tight round stars - you must lay claim to be the queen of guiding.

Fay

Thanks Robert, but can be a lot better, not smooth enough need lots more!!!

Mac

nice image, but if you are Ha imaging, then the moon shouldn't make that much difference, unless the image is very near to the moon?

Mac.

Fay

Yes I had to wait for it to be above trees & moon was just to the right of it, full on!
I thought I may have been ok with Ha, but no. I tried a couple of extra one's but they were not as good as the week before, so did not use them

MarkS

That's a great image Fay - great stars and lots of detail appearing in the nebula (which looks like a poodle's head to me!).

I have a way of avoiding meridian flips.  I set my handset one or two hours earlier than true time - it then does it's meridian flip one or two hours later than it otherwise would.  But mind your equipment doesn't hit the pier or tripod legs.

Mark

Fay

Yes, I really have to be around, now, around the crucial time & decide that I have to stop the image, because of the shelf. If it was not there I would have a lot longer. Will have to consider Mick's suggestion of slicing a piece off!!!!!

MarkS

Fay

Mark, you are a man with so many talents, I am impressed   :lol: :lol:

JohnP

Mark - I don't think the Meridian flips are an issue with the mount/ handset. My EQ6 will happily keep on guiding all night as long as there is nothing in the way to hit. For me it's more an issue of guiding get progressively worse due to balance issues.

Fay - Nice image - Lovely FOV. Why don't you wait until object has passed meridian before you start & then (depending on your West horizon) should be able to get a good 4 hours on it....

John

Fay

West, I have the big oak next door, John

JohnP

Fay

Have mailed Pulsar Optical again about the pier extension they mentioned

MarkS

Quote from: Fay
you are a man with so many talents

I used a bit of poetic licence on the bow - I can't really see a bow, but the eyes, nose, mouth and ears certainly exist!

Tony G

Quote from: MarkS on Nov 06, 2009, 05:50:23

Quote from: Fay on Nov 06, 2009, 08:10:07
Mark, you are a man with so many talents, I am impressed   :lol: :lol:

That is a great picture of Dolly, but I can't see a poodle????????????????????????. Dolly had a ribbon like that. :(
Fay, really great image, and thats another one that I you have introduced me and no doubt a few others to.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

Thanks Tony, I think a couple of the others have already done it, John has I think

JohnP

Not the tadpole - Chris did it at Les Granges last year.... it's on my list....

Daniel

Lovely image Fay, stars are perfectly round all the way to the edges and you've caught the actual tadpoles really clearly.

Daniel
:O)

Fay

Merci Daniel, hope to see you at DSC