• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Meteor Compilation..

Started by JohnP, Aug 14, 2009, 17:14:58

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Here is an gif file of the meteors I caught over a couple of nights.... Don't blink or you'll miss them...

John

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

mickw

Oi, you're showing off now  ;)

Nice work John - Hurry up and get the new camera  :D
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

JohnP

Cheers Mike, Mick... Hopefully sometime soon.... John

Tony G

Nicely caught and a great idea, well done.
Well I counted 9 and if thats correct, it's 9 more than what I seen over 3 nights.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

JohnP

Thks Tony. I had it running last night & got something like another 12.. 1 or 2 quite bright. I guess absence of moon & clear sky helped...

Rocket Pooch

Mac

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

doug

I can`t see it, either!!!!!

Always look on the bright side of life ...

JohnP

Yep sorry that was me... I only have limited space available (50Mb I think) provided free of charge to me by my ISP as part of my broadband package. When I tried uploading my latest pictures yesterday I kept getting error messages so I decided to try & delete some files to free up space & it worked. Unfortunately, the comet animation image was one of the largest files.... I will try uploading it again today.. maybe it will take it.

I guess I need to look at paying someone to give me more space...:-(

Sorry,  John

MarkS

I think it scuppered your chances of winning OAS "Movie of the Month"

Mark

JohnP

Mark - It was a crap movie anyway.....

Congrats on your image of the month.....

John

Rick

Quote from: JohnP on Aug 28, 2009, 10:14:12
Yep sorry that was me... I only have limited space available (50Mb I think) provided free of charge to me by my ISP as part of my broadband package.
You also have space on the OAS gallery...

JohnP

This is true - thks Rick - I can upload to there....

Just looked at ezpz hosting - very reasonable price & seem to offer a good service judging by OAS forum...

John.