• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Tonight

Started by Fay, Mar 10, 2011, 20:50:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Well I am out the back, testing my spacers.

Been a scenario!!!!! Could not get a picture , just back, I had plugged cable in guide port. Still would not give me a picture, I thought it is because of the spacer, shone torch down the end, nothing, AA said no camera connected. Time for a BIG BIG SWEAT........................took if off ed80 & noticed the shutter was closed, don't know why that was, mopped my brow, restarted the mount 10 times!!!!!! had a swear, now indoors for a cup of tea before I go back out & see how it has all gone wrong.

Should have set the other laptop up indoors, but too many problems. Think I am ok now
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JohnP

Fay you sure do have your share of problems... Top marks for your perseverance though... John.

Rocket Pooch

Hi Fay,

Have you clicked the "Dark Frame" check box off on astro art?

Chris

Fay

yes it was not ticked

Tony G

"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

Still had problems getting a guide star to show up in Focus in AA. I am sure it is to do with the size & shape of the selection box

Yes, welcome back John, you can stick your oar in now..........if you feel like it!!!!! :lol: :lol:

MarkS

I drink far too much weird French stuff so I've recently been trying to give up the booze - but it hasn't been working.  So I decided to join Alcoholics Anononymous - the mutual support is great.  Every week they have a guest speaker - normally a famous celebrity that has worked through their own problems and can act as a guide to those still struggling.  At the meeting we also tend to gorge ourselves on a big box of assorted chocolates - sometimes a square box, sometimes a round one - it's supposed to help stop the alcohol cravings.  But this week I turned up for the meeting pretty much drunk again and, as usual, everything looked pretty blurry to me, including the guest speaker.

So that's why tonight, I still had problems getting the guide star to show up in Focus in AA.  But it was nothing to do with the shape and size of the selection box.  :cheesy:

mickw

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

Mark, I take it you are joking, & have not joined AA??

mickw

Wouldn't have him, they are quite select you know

Fay

Mark is getting very humorous since he knows he is on the move       :bug:

Ian

Fay

Ian can you get impending cloud cover on your forecast?

mickw

The cheapest place to get Stella would also be useful  ;)

MarkS

Quote from: Fay
Mark, I take it you are joking, & have not joined AA??

AstroArt, Alcoholics Anon or Automobile Assoc?

I don't use the 1st, I've never been to the 2nd but I am a member of the 3rd.