• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M45 with TouCam

Started by JohnP, Nov 06, 2004, 01:07:00

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Had a chance to do some imaging around Chris's house last night . We decided to try a mosaic of M45 using my colour TouCam (long exposure mod) mounted on Chris's 400mm Scope all piggybacked on his LX90. The image is a mosaic of 8 individual images - Each of the 8 images is a stack of 50 X 5 secs frame (darkframe subtracted) - Virtually no post processing except to darken back ground sky due to the 'zillion watt' floodlights at the back of Chris's garden - It amazes me that you can image anything at all. We got most of M45 (should have planned a bit better). I've included an inverted image which shows stars to about mag 13. Both images were reduced in size from original 1820X873 pixels.

Cheers, John

M45 Colour:

M45 B&W Inverted:

[ This Message was edited by: JohnP on 2004-11-05 17:09 ]

[ This Message was edited by: JohnP on 2004-11-05 17:10 ]

Rick

Interesting to see the negative image as well. It does seem to make the fainter stars easier to see.

Rick

John, would you be prepared to submit those two to the OAS website gallery? Please? I think the comparison between them makes a useful point, and the mosaic is impressive by itself too.

JohnP

Hi Rick,

Yep - No problem - I'll send them to the gallery by the end of the week.

Cheers,  John