• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

uDSC - 5th to 7th July - Blacklands

Started by Mike, Jun 25, 2013, 20:44:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

We don't have a DSC in July so how about an unofficial one on the New Moon weekend of 5th to 7th July ?

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Kylee

I'm up for that one.....going to take the plunge and try out the new tent I've had for a year!!!

Let me know about booking it up Mike....will it be Rother?

Kylee

Mike

I've emailed Jackie at Rother to see if we can have our usual corner. It might well be already booked up at this time of year. If so we can make it Blacklands.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Kylee

Ok cheers.....will you let me know what I need to do? When you know where we are going that is!

Thanks Mike

The Thing

I would love to be there but I will be in France :), back on the Sunday - but all the fun will be over by then!  :(

MarkS

Rats! I can't make that weekend :-(

Mike

Doh!! Thanks to Julian for pointing out my mistake. The New Moon weekend is 5th to 7th July so it would have to be that weekend instead. Jackie had told me that Rother is now booked up till September so it will have to be at Blacklands.

MarkS

If the dates have changed, it might be worth changing the title of this thread?

The Thing

I can make that one!!!!!  8)

Mike

Quote from: MarkS on Jun 26, 2013, 16:48:07
If the dates have changed, it might be worth changing the title of this thread?

Done.

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

Kylee

Kylee

Actually....checked again.....could be possible. Sounds like its no good for everyone else though!

Mike

Only 1 person has said no so far Kylee.