• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

March DSC

Started by Rocket Pooch, Mar 09, 2012, 11:22:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

I've confirmed us with Jackie at Rother Valley. She has informed me that she is going to try and get the angle of the light on the restaurant adjusted before we come down so it doesn't shine across the field.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

I'm taking some visual kit!

MarkS

I'll be there - coming down Friday night.

julian

I'll be there about 8:32 Friday night.  :beer:

Fay

you all have a good time, could be a nice weekend, weather wise
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mac

Im working again :!
Mac.

Rocket Pooch

Oh no! Well I have the week off.

MarkS

So it's just Mike, Chris, Julian and me?

Mick - are you coming.  Have you discovered the whereabouts of the boxes containing your imaging stuff?

Mark

mickw

A bulk of my stuff is in the back of the van behind other boxes of stuff - got no room to move in the van until I empty it which means clearing a space indoors and/or the garage :(

I have too much crap  :-?
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

MarkS

Well, you have a couple of days to clear out the van and get on down to DSC!

If you're worried about space, dump it all back in the van on your return!

Jim

Have a good time all, I've torn a muscle in my back so out of action.

MarkS

Sorry to hear that Jim.

Sounds nasty - how long does recovery take for something like that?

Jim

Usually a couple of weeks. Important thing is to keep as mobile as possible so I'm dosed up and hobbling! Not up to camping unfortunately. I was antifouling the boat which involves crouching underneath with a roller, not the best position; I think I'll pay for someone else to do it next year!

Mike

Get well soon Jim.

Well, the forecast for both Friday and Saturday nights is looking promising so far.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch