• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSC 2008

Started by Tony G, Nov 26, 2007, 22:44:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony G

Does anyone have the dates for DSC for next year.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mike

4th to 7th April 2008
1st to 4th Aug 2008
28th Nov to 1st Dec 2008
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

Isn't there a DSC in February time?

Annoyingly for me, April dates clash with a holiday I am planning and for complicated reasons might not be able to move it.

Carole

Mike

There isn't one in Feb, but I see no reason why we can't have one. I will post up a poll and see how many people would want to come to one in Feb - I would !
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ian

it'd be good to have more, we could sit round next weekend and talk about it. Incoherently mostly.

JohnP

Ian,

I get the impression you are not planning on doing too much observing next week what with posts like 'philosphers lubricant' & 'I'm an astromomer get me out of here....' & quotes like....

Quoteit'd be good to have more, we could sit round next weekend and talk about it. Incoherently mostly.

I'm looking 4ward to it.... only problem I will have is that I will definitely have Luke with me & more than likely Samuel as well unless I can persuade his best mates mum to look after him for the weekend...

John

Tony G

I think its a great idea to have more DSC's as it would get me out of DIY and it would be like having a history lesson going back in time to the 70's and only doing a three day week because I'd be at camp from Friday to Monday and we could set up a commune at the top end like Pennys and set up dreamcatchers and worship the flowers and sheep..........

Right that's it, no more leaving the Evo Stik opening while i'm reading this forum...... :o

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Rocket Pooch

Could allways do every month except, June.