• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Gallery Button on the Forum

Started by mickw, Sep 23, 2009, 07:41:20

Previous topic - Next topic

mickw

Being a lazy bugger  :oops:
Could we have a "Gallery" button on here ?
What do other folks think ?
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

doug

Good idea Mick.  That would help  :cry: like me to try and post pix, instead of mangling the Gallery!!!!!!!
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Rick

Quote from: mickw on Sep 23, 2009, 07:41:20
Being a lazy bugger  :oops:
Could we have a "Gallery" button on here ?
What do other folks think ?
You can get to the main website by clicking the image at the top of the page, and you can get to the gallery from there. There's rather limited scope for that kind of customisation in the main forum. I don't want to hack a link into the main forum menu as that means altering the forum software code, and then the change would need transferring each time a new version of the forum software came along. I suppose an additional image-mapped link in the banner might be possible...

Simon E

Surprised there is not a "For Sale" section which would include a "Wanted" section. There use to be one on my Triumph forum, but you could only post in it if your were a member and it was related to the forum. ie: second hand scopes for sale, or eyepieces etc etc.

si
SW 130DPS reflector main imaging scope, SWST80 refractor Guide scope, HEQ5 Mount with syncscan
ZWO ASI 120MC 1/3" colour camera Guide camera, Nikon D5100 + D3100 Imaging cameras

Ian

we batted the idea around for while on that one, but the membership isn't that big and the amount of kit moving between members is pretty small.

There's behind the scenes for offers to members only, and chat for other stuff...

Rick

Ok... I've tweaked the banner link. Now, clicking on the side of the image containing the name and logo will take you to the main website. Clicking on the side full of piccies will take you to the gallery. Clicking on the blank white space still takes you nowhere.

mickw

Thanks Rick........
Keep working at it though, that extra click is tiring me out  ;)
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional