• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M13 last night

Started by Jim, May 25, 2009, 14:14:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim

well here it is, my first guided image. Meade 127mm refractor f7.5, Olympus 500 DSLR 4 x 8min exposures, dark frames in camera, stacked in Deep Sky Stacker, stretched in Maxim. Sure there is more I can do to improve it and I've no real idea what I'm doing in maxim, but really happy with it.
http://gallery.orpington-astronomy.org.uk/albums/userpics/10014/normal_M13.jpg
See http://gallery.orpington-astronomy.org.uk/displayimage-759.html for details.

(You'd put the ...html page ling in an img tag. You need to put the link to the ...jpg in the image tag... -- Rick)

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

mickw

How many more times - LENS CAP OFF  :roll:
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Jim

Ian

for those who are hard of forumeering Jim's image looks something like this

MarkS

Well done Jim.  I know you went through a steep learning curve to get that image.  It's an excellent first attempt with a DSLR on your new scope and with having to learn to use PhD guiding as well.

Mark

mickw

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

RobertM

Jim,

That's a pretty impressive first light considering all the new technology you were grappling with.  Well done, it looks really good.

Robert

Fay

Well done Jim, a companion for your Pacman
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

That's come out really nice Jim. Well done.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Jim

Thanks everyone for your comments, and also to everyone for their advice and help at DSC. It's always tempting to give up when you hit a technical roadblock so the encouragement is much appreciated. Now if only I could figure out how to post a picture on the forum......

Tony G

Well done Jim, pretty impressive and now you know what to do, no doubt there'll be many more images posted on here (or at least on the gallery)  ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

JohnP

That's excellent Jim & well done for sorting out your guiding issues...

John

PS - Still can't get over those visual images of Saturn through your scope.... fantastic...

Mac

Rocket Pooch

Thats pretty amazing considering the number of subs and the experianced.  Scope seems to work as well :-)

Jim

Thxs. Did some more processing, Digital development in Maxim, seems to have improved it

Carole

Well done Jim, I was under the impression you had given up imaging, but I see you are going with DSLR instead.

I saw the original before you did some processing and it is certainly much improved.

Carole

MarkS

That's looking better now - some of the dimmer stars are beginning to show.

Mark

The Thing

Nice image.

I appreciate your battle with the guiding as I am there every time I set up.

Fay

Very nice indeed Jim
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

What has happened to this image?

MarkS

Quote from: Mike
What has happened to this image?

Was it quarantined?

Mike

The original links have disappeared I didn't see this image on the 2nd page.

Jim

Sorry, I deleted it as I had revised the image. Didn't realise it would muck up this page.