• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Draft Saturn from 00:15 this morning, UPDATED

Started by Rocket Pooch, Feb 08, 2005, 15:49:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

[ This Message was edited by: csuddell on 2005-02-13 20:37 ]

JohnP

Not bad eh! Was that the X2 or X3 Barlow?

John

Rocket Pooch

JohnP

Look at the raws & see if it is a big one or a small one...... Either way picture is brilliant - your best yet - I'll try & process the M42 this evening.

Cheers,

Whitters

Rocket Pooch

John, I think this is with the 2x, I had a look at the HArd Drive last night and I have approx 10 good AVI's with the 3x barlow each frame being about 50% + bigger than this.  Problem is its going to take ages to process them on my slow pc.  But watch this space, one of the AVI's is brilliant all 1000 frames are probably usable and at least 50% have colour in them :smile:  I'll see if I can process them this week.

Whitters

Rocket Pooch

Its probably worth adding that when John was with me we we're looking at Saturn with a 15mm Eyepiece on a 3x Barlow and could clear see through the rings and see the banding on the plane, it was definately the most stable I've seen the planet, but it was crap for DSO's because of the fog and mist, which means John's M42 is very good considering the fog.

Rocket Pooch

Having problems getting these done because the FFT on both K3 and Registax does not like the size of Saturn at 3x, but here's a first attempt at 3x image with the LX90.

Probably looks better a little smaller?

[ This Message was edited by: csuddell on 2005-02-13 20:31 ]

JohnP

Wow! what a Saturn - The X3 is great - I love the colouring & banding on the globe - definitely one for the Gallery - John

PS - What stack did you end up doing?

Rocket Pooch

No finished yet still have another few AVI's to do :smile:

Like this, best frames from 8 AVI's the TIFF is great my PS6 skills are not upto the task :sad:

[ This Message was edited by: csuddell on 2005-02-13 23:54 ]

psg_dragon

Very nice images. Wish mine came out that good.