• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Imaging Session No. 20 - Friday 18th April 2008 at 8pm

Started by Mike, Mar 27, 2008, 10:40:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

The 20th Imaging Session will be held on Friday 18th April at 8pm (PLEASE DO NOT ARRIVE BEFORE 8PM !!!!!! )

This is for the astrophotographers or people interested in learning about astrophotography to get together and do some imaging. Anyone else who wants to come to watch and learn, or just do some observing is also welcome. No equipment or prior knowledge is needed.

Hot and cold drinks and nibbles are provided.

You are welcome to stay overnight if it is clear and you wish to do some astrophotography (or watch others do it). Bring a sleeping bag if you are staying overnight. Bring an extension lead if you need mains power. You are more than welcome to bring your own equipment along.

Please note that any member is welcome, even if you have no equipment and just want to watch and learn.

If you need the address, my phone number or any other information then send me a PM
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

If you want a talk then please give me a subject, otherwise it will be a Q&A and/or troubleshooting session (unless it is clear in which case we will be in the garden).
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

If possible, Mike, could you do a bit on flats please?
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

OK it doesnt leave me much time till Friday but i'll try.

Fay

Mike, don't worry, I can ask Mark or Robert, they usually come.

Mike

Just a reminder about the Imaging Session for tonight. Fay has requested a talk on Flats. I haven't had time to prepare a presentation but we can have a discussion about it. If anyone has any technical issues or has problems with software, kit, etc. then bring it along so we can take a look.

As it is our 20th session and therefore a bit special - we will be havng CAKE !

Fay

Oh my God not cake!!!!!

Mike I am ok with flats now, so if you want to leave it, that is ok, see how you go.

Mike

Whitters

Sorry I missed it, but I'm a bit of a crock with a slipped disc, but at least my raging tooth ache has taken my mind off the pain in my leg. :-(

Thanks to Mike for coming up witht he idea and running the imaging sessions.

Mike

You missed a good one. We did sod all astronomy but drank beer, wine (ok tea and coffee too), the boys drove a Porsche around Donnington Park at 180 mph whilst the ladies discussed sex aids. Oh and there was CAKE !

Hope you get well soon mate.

mickw

I think you'll find the Porsche was driven INTO Donnington Park rather than round it  :lol:

Mmmmm...........  Cake  :)

Nice one Mike
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

Mick, with all the comings & goings, I missed the end of your "I turned the car over" story & "my plasma only lasted 2 years" story.

mickw

Fay,
One should always leave ones audience wanting more   ;)

I did send the photo of the upside down car to the rental firm in UK so they could promote C.D.W. for other customers.   :lol:
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

Paul, hope you get better soon. You don't want to be reclining for too long, not with that nice new telescope around!