• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Tulips anyone?

Started by Rocket Pooch, Sep 20, 2008, 08:30:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Tulips from hamster jam, roll on France!

18x6 minute Ha, usual kit.

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

RobertM

Nice one Chris, but which of the usual kit did you use ?

JohnP

Nice FOV & very 'tulip' like.... I can't believe how many hot pixels you had on the image that you sent me last night...

John

MarkS

Beautiful - that captures it nicely.  I can now see how it looks like a tulip.

Rocket Pooch

Quote from: RobertM on Sep 20, 2008, 11:58:11
Nice one Chris, but which of the usual kit did you use ?

ED80 and Atik 314L, EQ6 Skyscan, still no SXD its being repaired.

Chris

RobertM

That's really bad about the SXD, firstly their QC should have been better and secondly how ling can it take to replace a locking screw !  So Chris, which mount have you an eye on ?  also are you really going for an 8300 based camera for wide field ?

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

Providing I don't talk my way out of a job this week (another story), I was thinking or replacing the EQ6 with something like a G42 or Altus, that would leave enough for the camera, if I did an AP I would not have the cash to get the camera.  Anyway so yes and yes I suppose, I think it will be a G42 not the Altus because of the experience dealing with the SXD problem.

Then I will be able to image at a full 2 meters or more at 9mpix !!!

But I would need to change all the filters etc!

RobertM

Imaging consistently at 2 meters is a whole new ball game as you're probably aware... another challenge !

Had a go the other day with the DSLR, 10 mins at F10 (2350mm) on the C9.25, trailing all over the place but better than I expected overall as there wasn't much coma over the frame.

MarkS

Quote from: RobertM
Imaging consistently at 2 meters is a whole new ball game as you're probably aware... another challenge !

In what ways does it present new challenges? 
My C11 with focal reducer effectively gives 1800mm so I must be constantly facing them!

RobertM

New challenges over imaging at less than 500-600mm as guiding has to be more accurate and movement in any component becomes more of an issue.

MarkS

Which reminds me - I had terrible problems with guiding and trailing last night.  Tonight I've just discovered why - my mount (left outside until tonight) was polar aligned on the wrong star!!!   :oops:

Fay

:lol: :lol: :lol: I am surprised at you Mark, that sort of thing usually only happens to me!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JohnP

Phew Mark...! - I'm glad it wasn't the ToUcam... :-) That is a big mistake though unless you have Mag 6 skies in your garden then it's understandable.....

John

Rocket Pooch

The challenge is to get no drift on the subs and ensure that everything is absolutely bang on, i.e. every little pixel used with little elongation; I get a star centroid elongation of approx .0133 on my subs at the moment and thats at 600mm at 2 meters that going to goto a third of a pixel, ok call me fussy.