• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Sh2-112

Started by The Thing, Aug 19, 2022, 09:14:04

Previous topic - Next topic

The Thing

A nice blob from Mr. Sharpless' second catalogue. There is no entry in Wikipedia. It is just north west of Deneb in Cygnus.

Image made from 204 x 120s lights (pics of stars), 10 darks, 10 flats and 10 darkflats for calibration.

Image date, time and location:   2022-08-10/11, Manche, France
Telescope aperture and focal ratio:   Meade LX90 8" UHTC, BAGII Telecompressor (f6.3, fl 1368mm)
Camera and filters used:           QHY294PROC, Optolong lEnhance dual band
Processing applied:                   PixInsight, Affinity Photo

Carole

I like this, it looks very nice at this scal showing up some nice detail. (I have only done it small scale as part of a larger area, the extra time 6 hours 48 minutes has smoothed out the noise better than the Wall image which was around half the time.

This also would really benefit from adding RGB stars, the stars incidnetially don;t look bad at all on this image comparted to the wall with the same set up. 

PLEASE PLEASE can you post up your total imaging time, saves me having to work it out for presentation. 

Carole

The Thing

Thanks Carole. I don't quite know what happened to the stars in the Wall image. StarNet didn't work out they were all stars and left a lot in the 'starless' image and I had to clone them out. This ones a more normal colour. Must be total exposure time related, I'll try and add some more to the Wall - and post imaging hours as well :) Not having a filter wheel makes getting RGB problematic as I would need to change to a UV/IR from the lEnhance filter. Maybe it's time to 3d print one...

Carole

Oh yes, can't imagine life without a filterwheel, so never crossed my mind. 

Just read my post again, OMG the typos, must stop using my phone to post.  Lol

Carole