• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M27 From Rother Valley 2-7-11

Started by julian, Jul 05, 2011, 00:19:54

Previous topic - Next topic

julian

10 x 5mins 800 ISO Modified Canon 40D - CLS filter
Skywatcher MN190 guided on EQ6 pro with QHY5 and PHD

same image but cropped

link to original size

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jtt666/5903020020/sizes/o/in/photostream/

PhilB

"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

Fay

Gosh Julian, that is really good! I am thinking one of your best!!

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

Julian - that is excellent.  The Dumbbell in a sea of inky blackness.  Nicely processed as well - you've kept the brighter parts under control.  The full size one looks really good.

Maybe the stars are slightly elongated - could that be a guiding issue?

Mark

Carole

Very nice Julian.  Being next to you in the field I was aware of the problems you were having during the evening, so well done for persevering and getting such a good result.

Carole

Mike

That's excellent Julian. As Mark says, some slightly strange star shapes in places. But a great image and it shows how nice that scope is you have.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

Just blown it up & the Dumbbell is bloody good Julian!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

mickw

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

JohnP

Looks good to me - Only comment is maybe background is a 'tad' too dark for my own personal liking - but m27 is super.... John

RobertM

Great result Julian.  I'd agree with John about the background; I know it's a tradeoff but you might show some more nebulosity that way.  You might also be able to tease some more detail with judicious use of sharpening but don't overdo it.

Squiffy stars in the bottom right are due to miscollimation.

Robert

Rocket Pooch

Hi Julian,

That's very good, and you have the same star issues in the corners I have with mine as well :-)  But the centre 1/2 is lovely.

Chris

Mac

Tony G

"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

julian

Thank you everyone for the positive comments  :lol: