• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Painfully SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Started by Mac, Jan 24, 2009, 20:15:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac

Has anyone else had the same problems today,
with the fact that the forum has been so slow, taking up to 3 mins to get a post.

The rest of my internet has been fine.

its been virtually every time i've logged on.

Mac.

Carole

Yes it's been awful.  Glad it's not my computer that's at fault.

Carole

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JohnP

yep - it's really crap at the moment... has been for last few days.. :-(

Carole

Much better now.
11pm Sunday 25th

Carole

Mike

The weekend it was fine for me. But, today it is like a slug in treacle !!!
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

mickw

It's been crap since Friday, except for about 5 minutes today  :evil:

Reminds of 14.4 dial-up
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Rick

I presume PowWeb are having mySQL server problems again... :(

Ian

bog all we can do about right now folks. The hosting contract is up in few months and thisill be taken into consideration...

Rick

Trouble with any shared-hosting provider is that you're somewhat at the mercy of other customers. It seems that another PowWeb customer's site began to draw rather too heavily on the mySQL server we share, and this site (and a whole bunch of others, too) got stuck in the mud with the resource-hog...  :-?

Fay

I am still having big problems getting on to the forum, every day. Is it the same for everyone?

Mac

its been slow, but not that bad, the longest time was johns jellyfish, but i put that down to his picture host..

JohnP

Mac - You are right for some reason NTL/ Virgin seems really slow today - took me ages to upload the image & it's only 200K... Must be issues with their servers - normally it's really fast.  John

Rick

It's been a bit slow on occasions today for me, but nothing like as slow as it was back between 24th and 29th Jan.

Fay

I have got in straight away today, very fast.. For days it has been a nightmare, even getting onto diifererent sections on the forum has been a trial.