• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

tonight

Started by Fay, Jan 31, 2010, 21:31:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

well as usual weather forcasts conflicted, so I popped outside for nothing special, & it has turned out to be a perfect night!!!!!

Did not get far as 6" had frosted up too much, could not be bothered to change equipment over, but I will be ready next time!!!!!!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

The seeing is very good at the moment as well - Mars is pretty rock solid and Sirius is hardly twinkling.

The seeing forecast from Skippy (http://www.skippysky.com.au/Europe/) was pretty much spot on.

Mark

Carole

I'm out there doing my first guided long exposure image, thanks to Mark's help sorting out the guiding problems last night which was far from straight forward. 

Fingers crossed I get a half decent image at the end of it.

Many thanks once again Mark.

Carole

MarkS

I'm looking forward to the results!

Mark

doug

Show us Carole, pleeeeeeeeease, show us !!!!!

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Carole

I'm away for a few days so no time to process yet.

Carole

RobertM

Come on Carole, it's no time to be going away when we're all waiting on tenderhooks...

Carole

All I can say is I firstly captured:
18 x 3 minutes subs of M42
followed by
12 x 5 minute subs

Can these be processed together if they are different lengths?

(Reason for different lengths is I had looked on the gallery to see what length you guys did, and as I hadn't decided at that time whether to do M31 or M42, had noted down the wrong DSO).

Carole

Mike

That SkippySky site is pretty neat.

Well done Carole. Looking forward to the images.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan