• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Moonrise 'trails'

Started by Kenny, Feb 09, 2015, 02:05:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny

While out observing at Cudham with Roger (Apophis) this evening, I decided to get some practice using my intervalometer-thingmy-bob with the Moon as a target. Had to experiment with the amount of zoom.

First sequence as the Moon rises behind the trees. I think this makes the image more interesting. Canon 450D. 7 x 1/125th second exposures @ 144mm, f/5.6, ISO-400, with 5 minute intervals, combined into a "Moon trail" using Startrail. Sharpened in Paint.net (my focus was slightly off).

Second sequence, reduced zoom, above the trees. I would have preferred some foreground but it was simply too dark (and I hadn't taken a lighter exposure before the Moon rose which would have been bloody useful with the benefit of hindsight). Canon 450D. 15 x 1/200th second exposures @ 33mm, f/5, ISO-400, with 5 minute intervals, combined into a "Moon trail" using Startrail.

doug

If you can do that when there is an eclipse of the moon, that would be good. Like to see that ......

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

JohnP

Nice idea Kenny & different. The moons look a little fuzzy though which is a shame... John

Carole

I do like the Moons behind the tree image, reminds me of the Cats poster.

Carole

Kenny

Quote from: JohnP on Feb 09, 2015, 09:23:16
Nice idea Kenny & different. The moons look a little fuzzy though which is a shame... John

Probably mainly my focus issue plus it's a camera lens shot, not a telescope.