• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M31 Andromeda galaxy from High Halden

Started by Carole, Oct 02, 2011, 23:30:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Thanks Kylee, yes it was a great evening and event.

carole

JohnP

A very nice m31 Carole. Your images have improved tremendously over the last year & the quantity you are getting amazes me. Well done & keep it up. Only negatives are a few background blotches (I guess caused by flat issues) & satellite trails.

John

Carole

QuoteA very nice m31 Carole. Your images have improved tremendously over the last year & the quantity you are getting amazes me.
Thanks John.  Well I was very lucky with Kelling.  Still another to come as well.  

QuoteOnly negatives are a few background blotches (I guess caused by flat issues) & satellite trails.
Yes, I agree with you John, unfortunately I messed up the flats (see above post) as the camera and flattener were not screwed together tightly enough and when I went to do the flats as I switched on the camera it rotated.  I tried taking flats in two positions, but missed both times  :cheesy:  Tried to process the dust bunnies out but didn't make a good job of it.  
Yes, will definitely leave out the subs with satellites next time as well, I was hoping they would process out.

Another couple of lessons learnt (duh).

Carole