• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

NGC6960 The Veil 19x300 SW120, QSI 7nm ha, o.85 fr 270911

Started by Fay, Sep 28, 2011, 17:40:42

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

They rely on you adjusting the controls to get the best balance.  Generally they both sharpen and noise reduce so it's a balancing game but as always the defaults do a reasonable job.

I'm sure I have my NN activation key around somewhere if you want to give it a try in PS.

Robert

PhilB

Very nice detail, Fay. Makes the case for B&W imaging!
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

Fay

thanks for that Robert, it would be nice. I know why I had trailing stars, the pier had slipped out of polar alignment, Guiding graph was ok, but in the dark, i took evertthing off to try to sort it, as too heavy with that 120 on. Set it all up again & it was still trailing. So put it all away & had another gho. Bit sad, as perfect night.

Thanks Phil. I was not too happy with the image, there is a lot of detail on there, but bad stars & background. I was surprised to get anything & thought I would have to throw all subs away, as I was aware I had a problem last night. 
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!