• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Thought I would have a test evening.....

Started by Fay, Aug 21, 2015, 21:13:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

thought I would make sure all was well, and get my connections to the Meade sussed out.

1. The trees are a massive hindrance now

2. I put QSI on back of Meade, screwed all the bits together, but QSI was at an angle, and I could not cure it. i moved the dovetail bar around the tube a bit, to no avail.

3. Put the Atik on,  and it is not working with Astroart, started  it many times, then the laptop wanted to do 14 updates

4; Two adapters stuck fast

Have bought the Atik indoors to see what is occuring.

all in all a frustrating evening. indoors now
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

Good job you tested it all out before getting to Kelling.

Carole

Fay

MarkS

For me they promised 100% clear sky all night.  Instead I have 70% passing cloud :(

Mark

JohnP

Fay have you ever considered writing a book about all your astronomy adventures... I'm sure it be a best seller.. might scare a lot of wannabe astrophotographers off but would definitely be top of the comedy books.  You have so many problems tents, garden ponds, computers, cables, power supplies, cameras, scopes,  mounts, trees and not forgetting of course software I'm always amazed at your tenacity to keep going you are a real credit... Your posts always make me smile... ☺

Fay

glad you are entertained John, I forgot about the clouds when it should have been clear.......................

Carole

The Thing