• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

IC405 - 10th November

Started by JonH, Nov 12, 2012, 23:47:09

Previous topic - Next topic

JonH

Taken from Chris's after a kind invite due to no DSC

43 x 5min at 400iso
Equinox 80
Modified 450D
NEQ6
EQmod
Stacked and processed in Iris and Photoshop

It was pretty foggy which made things interesting, this seems to be a bit of pig to process and there seems to be all sorts of strange things going on from bizarre gradients to uneven banding!
Not sure if this was due to imaging threw the fog or not, but either way i'm pretty sure this would benefit from more subs!
Spot the dust doughnuts thanks to not taking flats.....

Large Version
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8489/8180426245_9a524d0dd9_k.jpg
Shoot for the stars, reach the tree tops!

Rocket Pooch

Hi Jon,

I'm impressed you got this considering I could not see the end of the garden, much better than my M35 :-)

Chris

RobertM

I'm impressed too.  For that number of subs I'm really surprised it came out as well as it has.

Robert

JonH

Thanks  :D

I wanted something closer to double that many subs but it got so foggy i couldn't guide anymore.
Next clear night i want to add to it though and think some of the subs i have used should be removed as are very washed out from the fog!

MarkS

It's not an easy target that one - I'm surprised it came out as well as it did, given the conditions.

Good star colours!  So you're back to using Iris ;-)

JonH

So you're back to using Iris ;-)

I'm still experimenting, this was only a quick process and nothing is quick in ImageJ!
Plus if there is even the slightest gradient ImageJ just makes it 10 times worse but yet to find a way of removing them, this was FULL of very strange ones!

Rocket Pooch

Quote from: RobertM on Nov 13, 2012, 09:29:21
I'm impressed too.  For that number of subs I'm really surprised it came out as well as it has.

Robert

My garden is quite dark.....

RobertM

Unlike mine  :!  (barest hint of jealousy)