• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Sun Images by Ken Pearson

Started by Carole, Oct 17, 2011, 23:41:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Ken sent me some images he had done of the Sun a few days ago and I offered to put them on the forum for him.  I tweaked the brightness and contrast slightly with his approval.

This was his comment:
QuoteHere are some images I took with my ETX90E telescope and my new Canon IXUS115HS digital camera. The camera has 12.1 Mega Pixels and the original file sizes were 9Mbits each. There was a thin vale of high cloud so the images are not pin sharp. Even so there are at least nine or more sun spots visible. It looks like solar maximum has arrived at last.

(Edit: Images moved into Ken's gallery -- Rick)

MarkS

Well done Ken!!

It's really good to see images from folk who don't usually post on here.

The image certainly captures a good crop of sunspots!  An excellent result for a compact camera.

Mark

The Thing

Spot on Ken. Presumably using Baader solar film over his ETX or he'd have melted his new camera!

RobertM

Well done Ken and welcome to imaging !  That's a very good start.

Robert

Carole

I'll E Mail your comments to Ken as I don't think he uses the Forum.  Rick thanks for moving the images to Ken's Gallery - he didn't tell me he had one.

Carole

Mac

A nice collection of images,

Mac.

Rick

Quote from: Carole on Oct 18, 2011, 10:38:50Rick thanks for moving the images to Ken's Gallery - he didn't tell me he had one.

He was last online here 7 days ago according to the logs, and I set him up with a gallery at his request I don't remember how long ago... ;)

mickw

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

Well done Ken, now the fun will begin...............................
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JohnP

Excellent Ken - Well done - some of the best sun images I have seen on OAS. Well done - John.