• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Meteor Compilation..

Started by JohnP, Aug 14, 2009, 17:14:58

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Rick - I have tried uploading files twice. It does upload OK but then when I press continue to add file to albun I get a critical error..... There was an error processing database enquiry....?  Any ideas? Thks,  John

PS - File is animated gif approx 4.5Mb

Rick

Hmmm... There's some fallout for a couple of attempts in the file system, 14:08 and 14:26. I seem to remember having trouble with animated gif previews in the past, but Mark managed to upload his NLC animation recently. I'll try to figure out what's happened...

Rick

*sigh* The "Critical error" is, apparently, "MySQL server has gone away". Smaller images with less complicated thumbnail requirements work fine, so I guess it's time for another ticket...

Rick

Well, I've got a fudge of sorts in place. It doesn't produce an animated thumbnail, but it does seem to allow for the possibility of uploading your animation. Please give it another try sometime.

Mike

I've said it before.. I've got a ridiculous amount of space on my server you are welcome to have. I can set you up with a subdomain of amateur-astronomy.org

So far only Duncan has taken me up on the offer (well I also made one for Fay but she never used it).
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan