• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Horsey v2

Started by Mike, Dec 04, 2005, 14:07:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Thought i'd have another go at processing my IC434/B33 from the 2nd Oct using DDP as I haven't had a chance to get out and do anything new for weeks now. It's a bit noisy as it hasn't been calibrated, but the DDP has brought out a bit more detail in the veil like nebula. Same as before - 3 x 5 minutes with the ED80.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JohnP

DDP has certainly bought out more detail - It's an amazing image considering you snapped it at the end of a session & with such short integration time - I'd be well chuffed it I could get anything approaching this.... Like you said it's a little noisey & just starting to look like it's been 'pushed' a little too much - It's very 'contrasty' or at least on my monitor...

Pretty amazing though.. I think I need to get myself a better Deep Sky camera.. I've been looking around & dare I say it the Meade DSI Pro looks like it gives very acceptable results for the money... It's certainly a step up from the ToUcam but not in the league of the Starlight Xpress....

Cheers,  John

Rocket Pooch

You can tone it down a touch in PS

JohnP

Nice - did you do noise reduction as well.....?

Rocket Pooch

One the top one yes.  But not a lot, the main thing was a gaussian blur, then changing the histogram a little.