• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

When trying to connect via google, screen is white

Started by Fay, Oct 07, 2014, 14:24:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

this has been happening the last couple of days. difficult to get it working.  i am on laptop at the moment, it is ok, but desktop is not. i have run virus scans and  maleawarebytes , to no avail.

has anyone any clues?

merci
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

Please clarify "Trying to connect via Google".
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

well when pressing the Google button. i get a white screen, no writing.

i have done a system restore, going back a couple of days. i may have downloaded something it did not like.

Hope you know what I should do Mike :cry:

Rick

Sounds to me more like a "something unhelpful in the browser" issue? If so, try clearing the browser's cache, and maybe also the cookies.

Fay

Mac

Which browser?

if i.e just go to the internet settings / advanced settings and click on the two restore bits,
that will reset it back to default (normally cures most things)

If on chrome goto settings, click on advanced, and scroll to the bottom, there is a reset button there.

Mac

Fay

thanks Mac, that will be plan B.  I have reinstalled today, run various scans etc etc. see how it goes. it did pick up yesterday after I had done a system restore, then suddenly I had a white screen again, so  deleted & reinstalled Chrome

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

dont know  what they are, so assume not, Mike

Just looked,

Avast, Google docs, site advisor is in extensions