• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Very Slow Response - May 2013

Started by Rick, May 19, 2013, 10:46:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

Rick

...this time, apparently, because a full off-site backup took a little longer than expected...  :roll:

However, the fix happened pretty quickly once I'd put in the ticket.

mickw

Painfully slow again/still

7:58 - 8:09 (forum time)
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Rick

Responses taking over 30 seconds since about 08:40 BST...

Edit: Ticket submitted...

doug

It`s 9.43 .... still very slooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Mike

This morning at around 8am the website was down completely. I was getting a 101 Error for about 10 mins then gave up.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mac

From about 17:20 onwards today. 8/7/13

I've been getting no data returned on virtually every page,
refreshing seems to work, although a couple of pages did take a few refreshes.

Mac.

Tony G

Likewise.....seems that it is that period when everything seems to be running slow again.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Rick

It's very useful to have a time window. It also helps to have an approximate response time / error message / symptoms.

Mac

15/7/13 16:35 BST.

Very slow again, taking ages to get any pages.
They have not timed out.
and my connection speed is fine.

All other pages Facebook ect. working ok.

Mac.

Mike

22:35 15/07/2013 slow response also.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rick

16:35 BST 16 Jul, Response times 20 to 30 seconds.

Mike

10:33 20130722 - Website down for over 10 mins...

The connection to www.orpington-astronomy.org.uk was interrupted.

Error code: ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

Mike

Incredibly slow all morning. Typically 30+ seconds for any clicked link to do anything.

Surely enough is enough Rick? We are paying for a service we are just not getting. Can we not simply move servers?

Les R

Ah.... Not just me then! I did think it might have been my mobile dongle, but other sites seemed to be ok.

Migration to a different server shouldn't be too difficult once the MySQL has been setup and template installed should just be a case of exporting and importing once done. No harm in experimenting on a server to check, though I'm unsure how the domain settings would work until the DNS entries were changed. SMF should be able to advise and the process.