• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Forum update...

Started by Rick, Sep 08, 2014, 08:30:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

There's a forum update pending that involves a change from version 1.1.19 to 2.0.8.

I've tested it a few times at home, and it seems to work fairly smoothly, but it will take an hour or so, and the forum won't be available while it happens. The present style won't transfer to 2.0.8, so the forum will look a little different when the update's complete, but it should work in pretty much the same way.

Unless there are many howls I plan to do the update Tuesday morning.

Mac

QuoteI've tested it a few times at home, and it seems to work fairly smoothly, but it will take an hour or so, and the forum won't be available while it happens

We probably wont notice that  ;) were so used to the forum not responding, although it has be ok lately.
Never speak too soon though.

ooooo colour changes, yippee. (note to self, get out more.)

Mac.

Rick

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rick

Seems to be working Ok, now that I've remembered to disable maintenance mode...

You may find a forced reload (often achieved by holding shift while clicking reload) helpful if images from the old forum are still lying around.

If you find anything the update has broken then please let me know by posing in Updates and Upsets, or by PM, or by email (using the main website's contact form if necessary).

Cheers,
Rick

mickw

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

The Thing

Looks very nice and its very responsive. Good job!

Delphine

Working well and looking good.

Mac

Looking good, but it still needs a like button  ;)
and yup some of the colours have disappeared, but the link colours have remained unchanged,
green within posts and red outside of them.

Mac.

Fay

Well done Rick, looks fine

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

RobertM

No problems and it's quite snappy too (at the moment) !

That was a smooth upgrade :)

Robert

Fay

Has the gallery gone?
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

mickw

Don't forget to log in on the main page

mickw

The OAS banner just links back to the forum

Rick

Quote from: Fay on Sep 10, 2014, 22:48:50
Has the gallery gone?

Still at http://gallery.orpington-astronomy.org.uk/ with its same old look...

...and the links in the header of the forum have now been re-instated, in what I hope is a clear enough manner. Thanks for the reminder, Mick. I never used them so I forgot they were there...