• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

All Sky Image 25 June 2014 00:49 Gonneville, Normandy

Started by The Thing, Jun 25, 2014, 17:10:05

Previous topic - Next topic

The Thing

Mike

I can't see any mention of it recording pre-buffered video but it may be worth a try.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

The Thing

It mentions a configurable JPG buffer somewhere on the site for the motion detection. It's loaded up now so I'll give it a go and let you know. Need a fake meteor trail...

Mike

I've been playing with this myself. Really simple to use and has a configurable buffer (in seconds). You can also configure the sensitivity so you'll just need to tinker with it to get it right.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

The Thing

I haven't been able to get anything but a grey image from my QHY5LII. I un/reinstalled the WDM drivers with no change. Works fine in other apps.

I am now trying YAWcam which is a lot simpler and shows an image.

The Thing

All Sky image using QHY5IIL at Gonneville, 50560, France. 4 July 2014
5s at 50% gain using QHY EZPlanetary. (Ignore the black banana - CCD is dirty).

BEFORE the streetlights turn off at 1:10am.

AFTER the streetlights turn off at 1:10am. I love it when the Milky Way goes all the way across to them horizon. I spotted the Sagittarius Star Cloud in my binoculars just over the neighbours roof with my 80x20 bins. Superb. Also saw M81 + M82 was easy.