• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Cairds Campsite - uDSC etc.

Started by Carole, Apr 27, 2014, 15:17:46

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkS

I don't think any improvements have been done at Tuesnoad - I sometimes cycle past and take a look.
Cairds is more or less full.
Rother will charge us 3 nights at Bank Hol rates even for a single night.
Blacklands is a possibility but might be very busy.

There is one more possibility - descend on my place for a night.  I can offer a darkish sky (weather permitting), electrics and no camp fires or distracting lights.  We can wait a few days until the weather forecast firms up and then decide which night to choose; Fri, Sat or Sun
I can't promise a Chilli this time but there is good fish & chips not far away.

Alfie (our Cocker Spaniel) and Oscar (a friend's Collie mongrel) will be in residence but they shouldn't cause a problem. Nor should the new born filly in the next field.

Mark

Fay

Oh Mark i could do a one nighter.
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

That would be really great Mark, if I bring the camper that would free up a bed for some-one else. 

Thanks.

PS.  has any-one tried out Romney Farm, I'd like to give that one a try at some point, and it has glamping lodges there.  I soppose I could always do an independent trip, maybe with Fay in the glamping lodge to suss it out.

I am sure Cairds will be OK when it's not a bank holiday weekend, so we should consider using it another time. 

Carole

mickw

Quotedescend on my place for a night

£20 per person per night OK ?    :lol:
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Carole

Oh dear I can't do Sunday, so hope that night is not chosen.

Carole

MarkS

At present Friday night is looking more promising weather-wise.  But I would prefer Saturday night from a practical point of view.  Let's see how the forecast pans out over the next couple of days before deciding.

For those who are interested but don't know my address, send me a Personal Message.  As usual, bring a sleeping bag if you want to stay over (and a mat for the hard floor). 

Mark

Mike

Quote from: Carole on Apr 29, 2014, 08:28:57
Mike is the organiser so I am sure he will give a more definitive answer.

Not for uDSC's  ;)
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

julian

That would be great Mark.    Saturday night would be my preference too as I can't do Friday.

Carole

QuoteMike is the organiser so I am sure he will give a more definitive answer.

Not for uDSC's
Mike, Rick merged two different threads, one about the May DSC and one about the UDSC and my comment was regarding the one at the end of May.  It got a bit confusing with different threads but merging them also caused confusion.

carole

The Thing

That's a very kind offer Mark, looking forward to meeting the dogs! I can do any night.