• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

My first attempts DSO:) Single frames

Started by Marek, Mar 24, 2014, 15:42:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Marek

Hello everyone!
Just wanted to post some of mine attempts,taken by EOS 7D unmodded,using 80 ED PRO APO,NEQ6,(unguided yet),and not so dark skies after all as it looks like

the very first is M81&82 in UM,125 SEC. iso 800

M13 in Hercules 125 SEC. ISO 800

M 37 in Auriga 125 sec. ISO 800

M 51 in Canes Venatici 185 sec. ISO 800

M 66 in Leo 126 sec . ISO 800

All pictures taken in RAW ,process them all in Canon software Digital Photo professional:),Gathering knowledge ,equipment,and so on,have fun!
P.S. Sorry for the colours ,but I struggle a lot with getting the eposure and WB right in developement process:)

Carole

So are these single exposures (at the length you describe).  You have done well.

Carole

JohnP

The links work for me. They are excellent first captures especially for single frames - you did well & so much better than my first image... John

Marek

Thanx Carole &John,I go to Headley Heath to stargaze,living  in Croydon,I wonder if they are any dark sites in Kent that you can recommend in half an hour drive radius from Croydon?I'm asking because everything on the north ,and NW is illuminated with lights I think M25,or some ather town,and for instance Andromeda galaxy is hardly visible and it follows capturable:)

Fay

Marek you have done really well. you should be very happy with yourself!

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

QuoteI wonder if they are any dark sites in Kent that you can recommend in half an hour drive radius from Croydon?
Don't think there is anything within 1/2 hours drive, but most of us live in the same sort of area as yourself and manage imaging from home albeit it could be better if we went to a dark site.

Nearest places would be East and West Sussex, but if you can go down to the area between Tonbridge, Southborough and Lingfield, it should be better than where you are now.  

If you are camping equipped you should join us for our weekends away in dark sites in Kent and Sussex = Deep Sky camps.
As you may have read, some people are going to Kelling Heath in Norfolk this weekend, I am actually going to Herefordshire next week as I can't make the Kelling dates, and the Brecon Beacons at the end of the month.  There are a number of such events during the year which are also great fun too spending time with like minded people.  

OAS go regularly when weather and ground conditions permit.

carole

Marek

Thank You Carole for the clues,surely I will use one of them ,planning to join you DSC one day ,(wife permitted having newborn on board),will join your imaging session once completed all the gear,not so long to wait I hope,cheerio!

Kylee

Fantastic for starting out....I'm hoping to have as good results when I'm brave enough to have a go!

Marek

At last success with the upload:) Big thanx for all the support including moral;),Kylee,word of ecouragement"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly."

― Robert F. Kennedy

Rick

Now that the images are appearing from Imgur successfully, I've cleaned out the "it's not working" stuff...

Marek

Big Thank you for your patience. :angel: Patience is a virtue!

Carole

I must say they are really good for unguided.

Carole

MarkH

Marek, I'm at Otford near Sevenoaks less than 1/2 hour away, very close to Roy and Sue, and skies here are pretty good especially between  midnight and 5.00 am when the local council have decided to cull street lights. Might be worth consideration.