• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Started by GeorgeC, Feb 25, 2014, 10:45:30

Previous topic - Next topic

GeorgeC

Hi
My name is George and I joined OAS in November. I am a retired scientific civil servant and although I have been interested in astronomy for a long time it is only in the last 10 years or so that I have been a little more active. I own a 90mm Meade ETX and recently bought a second hand Meade DCI camera to try my hand at astrophotography. I completed the evening astronomy course at UCL last year and have enjoyed both their 'Diploma Club' lectures and the lectures at OAS since then. I plan to get involved in some of the practical sessions that OAS organise. I live in Tunbridge Wells and was introduced to OAS by one of your members who is an ex-work colleague and a fellow golfer.

Carole

Welcome to the forum and to OAS George.  If you're interested in astrophotography introduce yourself to Mike (observing officer) at the meeting as we hold imaging sessions from time to time.

Look forward to meeting you.

Carole

Mike

Welcome George.

We've got an Observing Evening tonight if you want to come along and introduce yourself?

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkH

Welcome aboard George, fellow golfer and meade owner. Good crowd here. :)