• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Finder guiding issues with a Lodestar

Started by Ivor, Feb 27, 2014, 08:27:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivor

OK I managed to produce a PHD log file last night (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4aWTDNICIFvS1R1SW1zM19HU0U/edit?usp=sharing) from my quick look this morning before I head off the graph appears smoother in PECPrep with clear peaks and the 133 harmonnic has disappeared. However I don't think my setup was right as both RA and DEC errors are larger. It looks like the markers I have in the ground have moved as polar alignment was off and the log file shows RA duration maxing out alot, I also don't think I had the balance right I still have this stiffness with the clutch so balancing is an educated guess (clearly wrong this time).

I will replace the DEC bearings tomorrow as Saturday night looks hopeful; I feel like I'm a little closer to solving this.

MarkS

To me, the plot still looks all over the place.

The chart you posted shows it dominated by the 182sec 2nd harmonic of the transfer gear with 133sec, 66sec. A 44sec period (3rd harmonic of 133) has also appeared.  

The worm bearing is still showing us its ugly characteristic.

Mark