• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Deep Sky Camp - 31st January to 2nd February 2014

Started by Mike, Jan 27, 2014, 09:13:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

We have a DSC coming up this weekend. It will be at Blacklands as Rother Valley will be a bog.

Who is planning on going? (Weather permitting).
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

Fay

i was, but weather not playing ball, i am thinking
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

The Thing

Quote from: MarkS on Jan 27, 2014, 09:56:05
I am - unless the weather is atrocious.
Ditto. Hopefully it will all freeze and have sparkly skies :)

Mike

I'm planning on going. I don't care if it's cold as long as there is no rain or high winds.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkH

Carole

MarkS

I'm really looking forward to it - even if we do no imaging.  I've got a new version of the weird French stuff 'cos my local French supermarket don't sell the previous one any more.

I'll bring it along and you can tell me what you think.  I wonder if it goes just as sparkly in the cold?

Mark

MarkS

The latest forecast is for heavy rain and strong gusting winds :(

Rick

Hmmm... Hopefully the forecast will have changed by the weekend, then... :brolly:

Mac

aye it normally does.

it will be very heavy rain and very strong gusting winds. 

Mac.

MarkS

The forthcoming Friday storm has been given a name: Storm Brigid.

mickw

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Mike

Yeah the forecast seems to be getting progressively worse.

Mac