• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Can't log into OAS website from mobile device

Started by Kenny, Jan 11, 2014, 20:50:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny

The Login link of the home page isn't presented on a mobile device version of the website and I can't find a login link anywhere else on the site. When I attempt to access the members area I get an error message telling me I have to log in first but it doesn't give me a log in option.

Rick

On the home page there's a login link in the sidebar, which should be presented somewhere even on mobile devices, most likely right at the end of the page. It certainly appears on my phone's browser, and I can log in using it...

Kenny

On my Android mobile and table (both using Firefox) there is no sidebar.

Rick

Not even appended to the end of the page (so it's more a page footer than a sidebar)?

doug

Always look on the bright side of life ...

Kenny

Interesting. If I put the tablet in landscape mode the sidebar appears but in portrait mode there is no way to access the sidebar. I can't even resize the page to show it.

Rick

Hmmm. I'll have a burrow and see whether I can reproduce the problem at home.

Rick

Ok. I've flipped a setting. Please try again.

Mike

Login visible only after pressing the 'FULL' button.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rick

Well, at least it is visible one way...

The theme has a mobile devices "smart" setting which had defaulted to "hide sidebars" so I've flipped it, and now it's supposed to be showing them, but I guess the behaviour is being tailored to its understanding of the particular device's capabilities. My old phone is so old it probably decided on the "dumb" setting, which happens to work quite well...

mickw

I can login as normal below title bar portrait or landscape.
Samsung Galaxy with chrome
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional