• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Closeup of part of IC1848 'The Soul nebula'

Started by RobertM, Dec 16, 2013, 22:20:37

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

16 x 600 seconds, 5nm Ha with the 250mm RC@f5.1.  Unfortunately the focuser had some saggy moments causing a little rotation and that's spoiled it a bit.

I like the nice swirly bits around the dark pillar top left.

Robert

Warty version: http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3803/11409502063_da5c9512d3_o.jpg

Whitters

Nice image Robert. You have to love the dark nebulae, and also the way the nebulae looks like it is folded cloth with the different shades and densities.

MarkS

That's come out very nicely!  Quite a few areas of interest in there.

Fay

Thats very nice Robert, i also like all the intricate swirls etc.
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

That's really nice. I particularly like the giraffes head on the right hand side.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

mickw

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

The Thing

Very very nice. I like the mid-right - very 'Pillars of Creation' with a black dog falling towards it.

Jim

Lovely image Robert, looks like the new scope is working out well.

Rocket Pooch

The scope definitely works, I will say though the image looks a little flat, not soft.  Almost as if a noise removal routine has been used.

RobertM

I know what you mean, I think it's more than likely the stretching.  I might have another go if I get time.

Robert

Rocket Pooch

I've used a high pass filter before to get the detail out a little more before when I have had that result, it kinda works.

julian

Carole