• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSLR

Started by MarkH, Nov 20, 2013, 19:31:57

Previous topic - Next topic

JonH

If it's a modded 450D you're after mines up for sale....
As is all my kit :(
Shoot for the stars, reach the tree tops!

MarkS

Quote from: JonH

Why?  :o

JonH

Quote from: MarkS on Nov 22, 2013, 09:53:06

Why?  :o

It's reluctant, been thinking about it for ages but putting it off.
Complete lack of time for the forceable future and far too many other commitments. Plus it's doing my head in seeing it all sat in the corner not going to use.
I can put the money to good use else ware so might as well.
Shoot for the stars, reach the tree tops!

MarkS

It's reluctant, been thinking about it for ages but putting it off.
Complete lack of time for the forceable future and far too many other commitments. Plus it's doing my head in seeing it all sat in the corner not going to use.
I can put the money to good use else ware so might as well.

That's a shame but quite understandable. 

doug

Sorry to hear that, Jon. But we still hope to see you on occaisions.  :D
Always look on the bright side of life ...

MarkH

Hi Jon and Duncan respectively. Jon it's  a shame to hear you're giving it up, but I'm sure others would be willing for you to share a peek on observing evenings, how much would you be looking for for your modded eos450. And likewise Duncan how much would you be looking for for the package you described or just the eos350.

The Thing

Quote from: MarkH on Nov 23, 2013, 11:03:59
Hi Jon and Duncan respectively. Jon it's  a shame to hear you're giving it up, but I'm sure others would be willing for you to share a peek on observing evenings, how much would you be looking for for your modded eos450. And likewise Duncan how much would you be looking for for the package you described or just the eos350.

The only caveat is the focal reducer and filter add about 4cm to the back of the scope if used together and then you have the DSLR with a t-mount adaptor to add on as well. You will have to be very careful that they don't hit the forks when you slew the scope. There was no automatic way I know of using an Autostar (or whatever Meade now call them) to protect the imaging train as there is with mounts where you can set limits. But I may be wrong these days...

350D no filter, no glass + serial shutter release cable + Edmunds Optics glass if you want to fit it - £110
Meade f6.3 focal reducer - £60 (they are £130 new)
Orion Skyglow filter (SCT fit, box, case and test chart inc!) - £45

Fay

Jon that is really sad, you did so well, you came on in leaps & bounds. The hobby is a nightmare in our neck of the woods most of the time, and when we finally get a clear sky it is indeed time consuming capturing and processing.

not spending all your money on tattoo's?? ;)
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!