• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Observatory Science Centre, Herstmonceux Castle

Started by Kenny, Nov 17, 2013, 17:46:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny

I think I missed the vote / list at the last OAS meeting so I thought I'd register my interest here by starting a discussion topic. This sounds like a great event. I'm in, subject to date/time.
http://www.the-observatory.org/

Miriam

Thanks for starting this thread, Kenny. I'm hoping to get a date sorted soon once Herstmonceux get back to me.

Kenny

Really enjoyed this society visit last night. What a fantastic evening and we were so lucky with the weather. Amazing views through the telescopes and binoculars.
Thanks very much for putting this event together.
Regards
Kenny

Sue

We thought the evening visit to Herstmonceux yesterday was excellent, and it was great so many members came along.

Thank you to Miriam and all involved in organising the event.

Sue and Roy.

MarkS

What a thoroughly enjoyable visit to Hertmonceux last night!  It was made exceptional by the wonderful skies which allowed us to view Jupiter, Mars, Beehive Cluster and M13 through 2 scopes.

Thanks to Miriam for organising this.

Here is a selection of the pictures I took:

Rick

An excellent event. Many thanks especially to Miriam for the organizing.  :)

Miriam

Thank you for posting some photos, Mark - I forgot to take my camera! We were so lucky with the weather, and I am glad people enjoyed themselves.

Delphine

A thoroughly enjoyable evening, many thanks to Miriam for organising it.

Delphine

ApophisAstros

what a great night,enthralling and clear sky all night amazing.
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

doug

A very big thank you to Miriam for organising the trip to the Observatory .... Rose and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves there as well as the amazing views through the telescopes of everything. It was so good that we had good clear skies.

Thanks again Miriam. Rose and Doug.  :D
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Carole

Glad you all had a good time.  I didn't book because I have been to Herstmonceux so many times before and there are only so many times you can look at the observatories etc.

It was a great sky that night, as you know I was sitting in a campsite the same evening also in East Sussex imaging away.

Carole