• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

I had planned to be at the observing evening...

Started by Rick, Aug 13, 2002, 19:29:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

Honest...

Glad the observing evening seems to have gone well. I had planned to be there, but I've just spent a long weekend at an SF convention...

My plans for yesterday went something like this: Get home early afternoon. Do shopping. Do washing. Have supper. Get to observing evening.

Reality was a little different. Got home about 5pm. Unpacked car. Lay down. Woke up at 6:45pm. Looked for some supper in the freezer. Defrosted freezer in order to liberate supper. Cooked and ate supper. Sat down. Woke up at 11:30pm. Went to bed.

Delphine

Me too!

I got myself all organised and was planning to get to the pub at about 9.00 but unfortunatly fell asleep in front of the TV!  I am kicking myself now because in spite of the fact I peered out of my window from 11.00 to 12.00 I didn't see a single Perseid.  Perhaps I was looking in the wrong place.

Did anyone get any photos or is that impossible!?

Ian

Brian had his camera out, maybe he was lucky. Unfortunately the perseids I saw last night were pretty randomly distributed around the sky, so the odds of catching one was a little slim :sad: