• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

If its not one thing its ANOTHER!

Started by Fay, Oct 27, 2013, 13:24:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Any clues anyone. The touch pad on my SONY Vaio has lost sensitivity!  I have pressed FN+Fi which turns pad on and off, to no avail, and while I am busy pressing, i keep clicking on the wrong thing!!!!!!!!!

Help please
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Fay

the pointer seems to be ok until i plug my external hard drive in, and then it wont work. does this sound odd?

Tony G

Did your external HD work on the Sony before?
Its just that previously I had an external HD which worked on my PC, but the PC crashed and I purchased a new PC. On plugging in the HD, this froze everything and had to seek expert advice who restored the PC but warned me that the HD was not compatible, which I found strange as it was just a plug and play, but he demonstrated on my new PC and one of his older models which it worked on but crashed mine again.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

well that interesting Tony. i will try my other hard drive on it tomorrow, had enough of it today. i did find an old portable mouse that i got working on it.