• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

SH2-155 - The Cave Nebula - Image 3 - Palud-Sur-Verdon

Started by JohnP, Oct 18, 2013, 13:01:57

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Below third image from trip last week - The Cave Nebula. Again, need to get some colour for this. Details ED80 + Atik 314L+, 7nm Ha Baader. 17 X 600 Secs. I took this late Thurs night going into Friday morning which for those of you who were out there with me (Fay & Robert) will remember it was very windy & 'ing cold. Ended up with ice on laptop.

Cheers,  John

MarkS

It looks great!

Round stars with lots of detail and contrast.  I can't believe it was cold enough for ice to form!

I bet you're glad to be imaging again - fun, isn't it?

JohnP

Cheers Mark - Yep enjoying the imaging again thks. Rounds stars are down to sorting my dangling cables... :-) can't believe dangling cables caused me so much grief....

It was really cold & windy... :-(

John

Rocket Pooch

hmmm, not your best there's some noise there, but the stars are bang on.  I beleive thats the nigh I wimped out

JohnP

Hi Chris,

Agree with your comments. The cave is actually quite a dim, diffuse nebula & hard to process so I probably pushed it too hard & hence the noise. The below image is with a 'smidgen' more noise reduction (perhaps too much - my eyes are all screwed up now from looking at monitor too long)..

Yes you are correct that's the night you 'wimped' out or rather drank too much single malt & feel asleep on the sofa watching Avengers...!!!! :-) :-) :-)

Cheers,  John

Fay

Gosh John cant keep up with all your images!!!!!! you did so well
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!