• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Observing Evening and Imaging Session this week

Started by Mike, Feb 23, 2014, 14:14:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

We have an Observing Session this Tuesday 25th Feb. 7:15pm onwards starting at the Change of Horses. If by some miracle we get a clear sky then it's on to the field after.

There is also an Imaging Session at my house on Friday from 8pm onwards. If there is no clear sky as usual it will just be a social night.

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Kenny

I fancy coming along to one of the imaging sessions if that's ok. Can you pm me the address please.
Ta muchly.
Kenny

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

Final reminder for tonight's Observing Evening.

According to the Met Office there is a chance of a clear sky tonight!!  :o

So bring your wellies, woolie hat and binos just in case.

See you later in the pub.

Mike

Marek

How long are you going to stay in the pub ,guys ,I would love to join you but can only make it ,after nine oclock:)

Mike

Marek it's usually till around 11-11.30pm

No point in trying to contact anyone after about 7pm as there is no signal in the pub.

Mike

Mike

The weather forecast for Friday's Imaging Session isn't looking great so it will be a mainly social night. If anyone wants help with setting their kit up or a demonstration we can set it up in the back room.

Mike

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

Final reminder for tonight's Imaging Session.

See you later.

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!