• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

2014 OAS Calendar

Started by Mike, Oct 16, 2013, 14:14:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

The new 2014 OAS Calendar is complete and with the printers for a delivery date of 23rd October. If you want a copy I will be bringing them along to the October, November and December meetings and i'll have them in the boot of my car at Observing Sessions.

I only have 75 copies this time so grab them quick. They are £5 each as usual. They have the dates of the OAS meetings, Deep Sky Camps, Imaging Session, Observing Evenings, Moon Phases, Meteor Showers, Bank Holidays and space to write your own things in. Each page has an astro photo created by a member of the society.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

So the images have already been chosen!  I was looking forward to our usual evening of looking at the year's highlights of OAS images.

However I suppose with 7 months of solid cloud and rain there were many fewer images than normal.

Mike

Yeah time was of the essence so it had to be done quickly and no time to arrange an evening. You are right, there was not many images to choose from this year thanks to the crappy weather. Plus a lot of the guys who usually post images did none at all or just one or two. Just about found enough to put in. They are all great images though. Hopefully we will have better weather over the next 12 months so next year there will be plenty to choose from.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

Can you reserve one for me Mike please.

Carole

doug

Hang onto one for Rose and I please Mike. Will collect on Thursday. Thanks.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Ivor

I can't make tomorrow's meeting so please reserve 2 calendars for me. I plan to come to the uDSC next week (that will ensure it it will rain now) so I can pick them up from you then?

Delphine

Great calendar again Mike.  Super images also.

Delphine

MarkS

Indeed.  Another worthy calendar - well done Mike!

Mike

I noticed some of the calendars had loose front or back pages. It looks like the ring binding wasn't put on properly. Going through the box there are quite a few like that.

Anyway, i've raised a complaint with the printers and they are going to reprint them.

If you've bought a calendar that has loose pages then I can give you one of the new reprinted ones (when they arrive) when I see you next.

Carole

Yes I have had problems with mine Mike, would appreciate a reprinted one. 

Carole

Mike

I have the reprinted calendars and will be bringing them along to the Xmas meeting. If you want a new one, see you there.

Mike

mickw

I'll pick up 2 please Mike
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Mike

I will have the calendars with me tonight if anyone wants to buy one.

Mike

Is there anyone still waiting to buy a calendar?

MarkH

Hi mike, yes I'll have one.

Mike

Final chance to get a calendar will be at tonight's meeting.