• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Help please - Why has Cocoa XML-RPC appeared on my mum's iPad?

Started by Delphine, Oct 10, 2013, 12:52:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Delphine

Hi

I am in a panic because my mum is having problems with BBCiPlayer and iTunes Store on her iPad.  dont know if anything else.  I had  a look in settings and saw an Icon in the lefthand side with a capital 'M'.  (I dont  have  this on my iPad).  I clicked it to see what it is and there was no option to delete it which is a bit worrying.  The info says Cocoa XML-RPC which I googled and found out it is some kind of source code.  Is this likely to be the cause of my mum's problems with iPlayer etc.  and how on earth did she acquire it!!!?  Is it a virus??

Cheers
Delphine

Delphine

Hello again.   After some more googling I  have discovered that Cocoa XML is used by Apple so obviously not malicious.   I know nothing about programming so I hope I am right!!  

Not being able to use iTunes app store is still a problem though because it means my mum cant re-download iPlayer but when I next see her I will try to download it again.  if she will let me!!!!!

Delphine

P.s. we havent installed ios7 so it can't be that

mickw

You  could try popping into the Apple Store in Bluewater, they are supposedly very helpful.
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Delphine

Tony G

Hi Delphine,

You may need to contact them first, as I believe some stores will not try and sort out any problems unless you make an appointment.

Good Luck.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Delphine

Thanks for this advice Tony.   I may not need to take it to Bluewater now though because apparently my brother-in-law has managed to get my mum's iTimes and iPlayer working again.  Fingers crossed and breath held!!!  I am still very curious about the strange immoveable icon though as I don't have anything like it on my own iPad.

Delphine