• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Comet ISON and Mars

Started by MarkS, Oct 01, 2013, 06:01:12

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkS

This one won't win any awards but it's probably the only clear morning we'll get all week.  After a clear night, high level cloud (lit up by the crescent moon) came over at 5am when I took this.  Mars was only just visible naked eye so I was pleased to catch anything.  Mars and ISON were separated by 2 degrees and only just fitted in the frame.

5x2min ISO 800 Canon 350D on Tak Epsilon.

Carole

Mike

Well done Mark. I've been wanting to capture this myself recently but have had bloody trees in the way.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

Thanks.

The weather forecast suggested this morning would be the only clear morning all week.  So I set the alarm for 4am saw a lovely sky.  I got everything up and running but by the time Mars cleared the trees at 4:45am the veiled high level cloud had come over  :evil:

Rick

This makes a very interesting comparison with your one from Kelling. :)

MarkS

Indeed!

It just shows what a severe effect was had by the veiled cloud lit by the thin crescent moon.