• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Sky at Night from Astrocamp 2013

Started by Kylee, Sep 30, 2013, 20:13:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

I did make it clear to S@N where and when the images were done, so they did know it wasn't done at Astrocamp.  It was just an example on the programme. 

Carole

Kylee

Mike...your interview was on the show tonight. Did you see it?

Kylee  ;)

Mike

Yeah just watched it. Glad it wasn't all in vain in the end. My image looked great too. It doesn't look that good on my screen. That was only 3 x 5 mins too. No darks, flats or bias.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Klitos

I tried to download it on BBC iPlayer. I clicked on the BBC4 listing, which was the full half hour, but iPlayer downloaded the shortened BBC1 version instead. I guess I'll never get to see your interview.  :cry:

MarkS

Really annoying - I've missed the longer version as well.

Why do they do 2 versions of the same programme?

Les R

Quote from: MarkS on Oct 11, 2013, 00:02:03
Really annoying - I've missed the longer version as well.

Why do they do 2 versions of the same programme?

I've got it on at the moment from BBC iPlayer. The interview is on it... And Carole's Photo...  Grab it before it disappears in 6 days

doug

I will try and get it onto a DVD so that peeble can watch it.  I`ll try, but not sure how successful I will be. You know what I`m like with electronic gear .... :o

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Klitos

Quote from: Les R on Oct 11, 2013, 00:55:51
I've got it on at the moment from BBC iPlayer. The interview is on it... And Carole's Photo...  Grab it before it disappears in 6 days

Thanks Les! I've just watched it while having breakfast. Seen Mike's interview, seen Petra too! All good stuff!

Carole

Mark, I have videoed the Sunday edition and also set Thursdays to record (hopefully it did so, not checked yet), so can let you have a copy if you like.

Carole

MarkS

Thanks Carole.

It now seems the interview version is available on iPlayer - so I'll pick it up from there.

MarkS

I've just watched it on iPlayer - a good episode.

Mike,  have you processed the images you were planning to take that night?

Mike

That was the image on the program. The one of the Crescent Nebula. It was the only one I did, apart from a few milky way shots.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

doug

..... and I managed to record it onto a DVD.  :D
Always look on the bright side of life ...