• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

HEQ5 Pro Bearing and Clutch Adjustments

Started by The Thing, Sep 14, 2013, 14:58:34

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkS

Quote from: The Thing
If things are tickety boo and Polar Alignment is good then using PEC corrects for PEC error by varying RA tracking speed and then the guiding has very little to do if the allowed stellar excursions are set to be less than the seeing, so few corrections are sent to the mount. That's my understanding of it.

Another way of looking at it is this:  imagine the graph of Periodic Error.  If you rely on the guiding to correct for these errors then the guiding will always lag behind the curve i.e. by the time the deviation is measured by the guide camera, it has already happened and has already become part of the overall guiding error.  If the Periodic Error is already corrected then the guiding has less work to do and therefore becomes more accurate.

Mark

MarkS

I took my mount apart this morning to replace the 47 tooth pulley with my new 48 tooth pulley.  But they've made the shoulder the wrong size and it won't fit the housing.

So I've had to reassemble it with the existing one :(

Mark

mickw

When doing the original belt mod, was there a suggestion/option to modify the housing to give increased clearance ?
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

MarkS

Certainly, in theory, the housing could posibly be modified but I ordered the pulleys that needed no mount modification.  The first folk to do such mods had to modify the housing because they bought off-the-shelf pulleys.  Now it is possible to buy specially made kits to make it an easy like-for-like replacement job.

The Thing

Certainly the kit I received would fit under the cover if the grub screws didn't stick out at all on the smaller pulleys :) Now where's that file...