• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Delta browser

Started by Fay, Aug 23, 2013, 09:14:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

I keep getting Delta coming up as a browser. i have tried everything 100 times to get rid of it & it still comes up instead of Google. also TomTom always comes up as an opening web page. i have not used that for about 3 weeks, it always causes a problem when ever update it etc

anyone know how to stop both of these, i think they occured at the same time, so i blame TomTom

thanks
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

doug

You are not alone Fay. I also had Delta search engine come up instead of Google and Firefox. I uninstalled Firefox completely and didn`t install it back for a couple of days. It has gone from Firefox but still comes up on a tab, along with FB Downloader,  on Google. Somebody told me it`s an add-on but I think you have to go into your list of Windows programmes, and then uninstall it from there. The trouble is, Delta was not on my list of programmes and I still have it on a tab.  :!

If anybody has any answers .......  :)

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Fay

i have gone into everywhere to delete it Doug to no avail. it always appears again

mickw

Try going into tomtom and look at any settings or preferences.

Go to the Start Menu and look for Google Chrome and load it.
Then go to the Settings tab in Chrome and make sure Chrome is your default browser, that will be at the bottom of the settings.

Download Malwarebytes and run it.
Reboot the PC and run it again.

That should do it

Try to remember to read what options are being offered to you before ticking boxes  :P
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Mike

Do this - http://info.delta-search.com/uninstall/firefox.html

As Mick said, read stuff before you click. These things cannot get into your system UNLESS YOU LET THEM IN !!

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

i have already done all those things 10 times, and although it does not show up, it is still there. when i open the orpington post link reply, it uses Delta

RobertM

I cleared that off my daughters laptop two days ago - it was chewing up CPU and making things very slow.  Malwarebytes made a really good job of removing all the rubbish (Trojans etc.) that were left behind.

Before running malwarebytes make sure you uninstall the Delta stuff using 'add or remove program's', then run MWB to remove any detritus afterwards.

Cheers
Robert

Fay

did 4 hr scan with Malwarebytes, to no avail. deleted until i am blue in the face & it is still there

MarkS

I've had that one - took ages to get rid of it.

Go to Internet Explorer Tools "Manage Add-ons".  You'll find it listed under search providers.  You can disable it there so it never comes up again in Explorer.

But you still need to remove the whole Delta application use "add remove programs" from the main desktop.

Once I had got rid of it I still found it came up as a default page on every new tab I opened.  Not sure what I did to fix that ...

Fay

done all that Mark quite a few times. when i clicked on your mail response, orpington always comes up via delta

Mac

Fay have you got avast antivirus installed?
If so im available at the mo to have a remote look.
Text me.

Mac

mickw

I found this which explains what to do in various browsers.

After turning Delta off you should the run a FULL antivirus scan

http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-delta-search.html

Mac

Love the bit on how to remove it from Chrome.

QuoteGoogle Chrome:

Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools -> Extensions. Here, look for Delta Search extension and get rid of it by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
Click on wench icon, go to settings and choose 'Manage search engines'. Change search engine to google or other. Then Go to section "On start" and make sure you get blank page while creating new tab.

Cant say i've noticed any large drunken women icons on chrome,
one that looks like a spanner, but that would be a wrench.  ;)

Mac.

mickw

Typos are funny  :D

There's a village hall locally in Orgarswick Ave.

I saw it printed in a local rag as Orgasmic Ave.  :lol:

Fay

its looking good at the moment. probably lulling me into false security. i will get on to you Mac, so you can access my system, if it appears again, thanks