• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Help - How do I include pictures in postings?

Started by Roy, Jun 11, 2013, 21:34:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy

I wanted include some pictures of last weekend's DSC at Rother Valley, but I'm close to smashing the computer as I cannot find how to do it. Apparently I need to post from somewhere on the Internet (why not from my computer???). I tried to post to the Gallery but it would not let me in, it did not accept my Forum username and password, and I do not have Webspace with BTinternet (BT stopped doiing this last year). Help!

(Rant mode off)

Roy

mickw

If I remember correctly, access to the gallery is via your username etc. for the OAS main page, not the forum - Rick will steer you in the right direction.

You can upload your pics to one of the free picture hosting sites like Picasa or Flikr and then link to them here, try not to post a full sized image on the forum (like Fay does  ;) ) because it's awkward to view with all the scrolling and it will make Rick very cross  :D
Simply view your image in Flikr or whatever, right click on it and choose "copy image URL", then Paste the URL into your message post. Highlight the URL with your mouse then click the "img" icon (just below B for Bold icon) and that's it.

You can check all is OK using the Preview button

By all means post a link to the full sized version as well - That would be the same procedure as posting a link to a website.

Good luck
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Rick